The school of chemical and materials engineering has a long history. Established in 1978, in 1988 the school was renamed as the department of chemistry. In February 2006, after the establishment of KU, it was still called the department of chemistry, in August 2008, biological science and technology system merged to form the environment and life science institute, in January 2012, according to theinstituteofKUdevelopment needs, the school of chemical and materials engineering is founded. The school cultivated more than 1600 chemical professionals.
Chemical specialty is one of the six undergraduate professions, issued by provincial department ofGuizhouin 2006, in September, the school begins the recruit of students.
There are 24 existing full-time teachers, including 6 professors, 6 associate professors, senior professional title teachers accounted for 50% of the total number; 2 of them hold doctor degree, 12 of them hold master degree, accounting for 58.3% of the total number. In addition, there are 3 academic leaders, 3 young and middle-aged academic backbone, and two Qiandongnan prefecture technology talents.
The school enrolls 403 students, including 344 chemical professional four-year undergraduates, 59 three-year college students.
The school has 4 teaching and research sections, basic chemistry, experimental chemistry, material chemistry, pharmaceutical engineering teaching and research section.
The teaching building of chemical and materials engineering occupy area of 518.4 square meters, the chemical laboratory building which includes Chemical laboratory, material chemistry laboratories, pharmaceutical engineering laboratory occupy area of 2104.5 square meters.
Add: 3 Kaiyuan Road，Kaili Economic Development Zone，Guizhou Province